Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 09 Hemi 1500
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Big Boi is on a distinguished road

My free set from BBK...

Last night I installed my BBK headers. As soon as I started it up I heard the leak. Its gets louder as the rms climb, and does not go away at anytime. It seems to be coming from both sides.

During the install I used new oem gaskets, anti sieze on the new bolts (supplied by BBK), along with Grade 8 Locking Wahsers as a preventive measure. So far theres only 5 miles, along with a couple hard launches (:drivingz on the clock since the install.

Now I KNOW the "Hemi Tick" will get louder after the install. Due to the thinner walled piping. But I dont think its that. The passenger side went it pretty easily, drivers side not so much. Between the oil dip stick, steering linkage, and brake lines... Lets just say there were some very choice words used when rmoving the manifolds and man handling the BBK's in.

All in all I think its leaking at the collectors. The header bolts were tightened per mftr spec in an "X" pattern from the center out.

Sorry for the wind. I didnt have a chance to listen to the vid before the install...

BEFORE

AFTER