View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
Your alarm shouldn't be going off unless you have set up your system for it to go off. You can turn off the horn etc. for remote start via the 8.4 radio head unit. I agree it doesn't seem that big of a deal to start it using Uconnect. I like the fact it asks for a PIN so that no one can play around with my phone and start my truck. All the messages are optional. I wouldn't want to use my phone to start my truck unless I was a fair distance away from my truck I would just use the key FOB.
No the alarm doesn't go off when I start my Ram. I was saying there is a button on the app to sound the alarm (along with start/stop engine and lock/unlock doors options). They advertise it for locating your vehicle in a parking lot. Problem is, is that it works by turning on the alarm. The only way to turn it off once enabled is by hitting the panic button on the key fob in which case you have to be fairly close to the vehicle to do it. I'm sure it will probably turn off after it times out as well but it was so loud in my garage I wasn't willing to let it go to find out.