Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
On paper it looks like yours would fit but it wouldn't. I should have had more space than I did with mine. I have 2" at the back bumper and 3" at the front. Yours is 9" longer than mine so you would have to remove one of the bumpers to close the door. I almost went with a 2500 but felt the 2"-3" clearance wasn't enough. Glad I didn't go with the 2500 now.

Ya I know it wouldn't fit even if it had 1"total to spare I wouldn't do it as thats not enough tollerence for my liking. I'd need atleast 2" fron & back for me to be comfortable parking it in that size garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
Thanks for the tip. I've never heard of it but I bet it'll come in handy in the Arizona heat. I'll get some on order.
Yes the AZ sun really does a number on auto door seals. It was a buddy in AZ that actually told me about the product as apperently it is a major problem there.

Here the winter makes them take a beating as the extreme cold and freezing doesn't help them nor does the salt and belive it or not the salt some how does get to them.