Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Color: Blue, Sexy Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:66
seanbeckaroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
My stomach always turns inside out whenever I have to go to a dealer. This experience was no different. Went to pick the truck up last night and only drove 100 yards and a loud constant scraping noise was present. To make matters worse, I told the service writer specifically not to do any other work to my truck. For example: Reflash of my computer, TieRod End replacement. He actually told me that the tie rod ends were not even availble yet from Dodge. Anyway, when I got there last night, my computer was reflashed and the tie rod fairy sprinkled two new ends behind my front wheels. Nowhere on the receipt was any mention of a front end alignment. Anyone ever hear of disassembling a front end and NOT aligning the front end? The truck is still there and will be at least until Monday, after lots and lots of non-pleasant conversation they gave me a new Hyundai to drive until then. Dealers earn their reputation everyday!
The re-flash was possibly for the transmission, as I heard there is a new flash for that. Tie-rods were most likely a recall item if you hadn't had your changed yet. I doubt they would let the truck out the bay without performing a recall item. As for alignment, I don't believe it's necessary for tie rods; would it hurt, no...is it something that MUST be done...no. I would go back to bitchin' because you asked them not to do other work. Good luck, I'm still searching for a dealer I can trust myself