View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Ram will catch Ford prior to GM.

Let's call a spade, a spade here.

Annually - and collectively - General Motors [Silverado, Canyon, Escalade, Sierra, Avalanch, Colorado] sells more trucks than Ford.

Ford have been riding the "Best Selling Truck" train for almost 32 years now..... and the gullible public believe it.

Belows link for 2011 and 2012 total Full-Size Pickup Sales shows GM outsells Ford.

http://wot.motortrend.com/american-f...#axzz2S2XIt57R

You can view the itemized, month-by-month list HERE
I dunno man. For one, I guess technically all of those vehicles do count towards overall truck sales numbers but my line of thinking is F150 vs. Ram 1500 vs. Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra. Within those trucks alone, it's close between the F150 and Chevy twins but the F150 still has a solid lead and has for years. I personally think Ford is steamrolling along right now and is going to be harder to catch than ever but that's just my opinion.

Also, I still don't see where GM is outselling Ford. The total on all of those GM trucks together for 2012 is still only roughly 647K units compared to 645K units for the F150 alone. Add in the Ranger and Ford truck sales are up to 664K units. So you've essentially got one brand selling two models and outselling three brands selling a total of six models.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.