Vehicle: 2012 reg. cab 4X4 HEMI
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Trigger2298 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
long after the feel good part of the price goes away, you still have to live with the truck without the options you want. sounds to me like you should be able to step up a model or two, bighorn or outdoorsman and get between 9 or 10 grand off,a 2012 model, with negotiating, then use your employee discount and get a 35000.00 dollar truck for around 24000.00. the more expensive the sticker price is, the more room to play with the price. i would pass on the first truck and be patient and get one that you makes feel good for years to come. i have an 11 and still smile when i get in it.
I have thought and was even going to go your way of thinking but, even what's left of the step up 2012 models around the Milwaukee area are pretty picked over and its hard to find anything under 37,000 MSRP. even with the 5000 rebate and employee pricing it's out of my price range for again another truck that wouldn't be exactly how I would build it.

If I do go ahead tomorrow I think I'm now lol - Leaning more towards option one if they will give me the truck for 21,000.. That's almost 10 grand off the 30,585 MSRP price and that seems pretty good for a low end model truck. It does have the most important feature I wanted and that's the Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle... I can live another couple yrs without power windows, i've done it for 6 already lol. Color is Mineral gray and I'm pretty fond of that color but not my #1 choice but close. 3.92 axle would be nice but can do just fine with the stock 3.55.

I could drive it for a couple yrs and then maybe sell/ trade it and look at the 2014 or 15's.. I shouldn't be upside down in the loan especially if I stick extra money to the loan when I have it.

If they low-ball me on my trade in do you guys think I have some power to have them throw in a bed-liner or maybe tint the windows some to lol. Maybe a couple three or four hundred dollars in free oil changes to lol

Thanks again everybody for all the help and keep the thoughts coming if you want!

Last edited by Trigger2298; 05-01-2013 at 03:59 PM.