View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I don't mean to sound like a dick but you need to start at the beginning...

Do you have any check engine lights? If so, what are the code(s)?

It seems like you may have an issue with one or more sensors or the computer.

When you start the truck it is in cold start fuel enrichment open loop mode. At this time it ignores many of the sensors and uses predetermined fuel and timing maps. Once warmed up it enters closed loop mode where it takes input from all the sensors. It sounds like you are having an issue at this transition.

You also mentioned it runs great at WOT(wide open throttle). This also falls in line with the above comment. When at WOT the computer enters another open loop mode, usually referred to as WOT open loop mode. Again, ignoring many sensors and using predetermined fuel and timing maps.

Without any other information, and if I had to take a stab at it I'd replace the upstream(closest to the engine) O2 sensors. Don't waste time with the downstream(post catalytic converter) sensors, they are purely for emissions and nothing else.

I'm not real familiar with the v10, what sensors it has(MAF vs MAP, etc). If you have a CEL that will tell all...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.