Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
On a side note I picked my truck up from the Dealer Monday after the whole tranny dumping debacle.....just don't feel the same anymore, that has to do with all my performance stuff gone.
Just a thought I was thinking alot about the fiasco with you and Dave about his tune killing your tranny. Well I have a theory. You said you had burnt up clutches correct. Normal y those dont happen unless tranny slips alot. And since you had a 3000 stall and a hemifever tune which doesnt involve alot of tranny tuning in it. Made me think with all the extra power you were making you pretty much was still running a basic trans tune. Which has tge tranny shift softer for comfort reasons which in return can burn clutches up. I dont tgink you were noticing the slipping in the trans because or the stall you have. So when you add his tune which required harder shifts. Pretty much just crapped shoot your trans because of all the previous wear and tear. The solenoids could go out from all the extra work it had to make up from the burnt clutches. Yah he had a tune that ultimately killed the trans. But I have a feeling that your trans was close to going out before his tune. I know you said the trans didnt give you signs of going out. But most trans dont when they have a stall in them. Hard to tell whats a slip or the stall working. I dont know just me thinking out loud

Last edited by dusterman; 05-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.