Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Moparman485 is on a distinguished road
Default 4.7 upgrades? Recommendations?

Hello All!
I am brand new to the 4.7 engine (so new in fact that the truck is not titled in my name yet haha), and I have a few questions on her. After having done a lot of research on the engines in the newer dodges, 02 and newer that is, i finally found one i could afford. Ive got an 2002 quadcab, 2wd, auto, 4.7 pickup. I got a heck of a deal on it because it was a "fleet truck" to an extent that had the motor rebuilt about 25k miles ago (standard oil pump issues). I am coming from a 2001 ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.9, so I am sure I will see some power difference in the red, (but Ive got my 73 Dart with a hopped up engine for power). I was mainly just wanting a clean running, reliable, lower mileage, functional truck that got tolerable mpg's. That being said, i was wondering if any of yall have any pointers about the 4.7 in terms of preventative maintenance, performance upgrades, little tricks. stuff like that. i figured just asking a blanket question could very well save me a lot of problems and trial and error down the road. I know its not going to be a powerful as the 5.7, im just looking for any upgrades yall have found to be actually beneficial. the truck is currently bone stock, so it is a truly blank slate!
Any answers are greatly appreciated!
JB
Sponsored links