View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Okay, so I have a 94 Dodge Ram 1500 with 164,000 miles on her. When I got the truck, it had been used for a farm truck and I am assuming that they had loaded up the bed because it sagged pretty bad to the drivers side. It was 2 inches low on the driver's side rear and 1.5 inches low on the driver's side front. So I measured many times both sides in various places. Checked the bed mounts and they were fine. I didn't see any twist or torque in the body, but that is often hard to see. The truck had backed into something before in the past and had been slightly hit in the font as well. So first issue...could not get it aligned. Camber couldn't be aligned and the truck always ran to the right. Had it aligned (attempted) again, same issue. I then went and put all new springs and shackles in the rear. This lifted the rear almost 2 inches but the driver's side rear still sagged the same amount. The front was slightly better but still slightly off. I then took it back to the spring shop and had them shim the driver's rear leaf with a half inch shim. The truck is now only a half inch lower in the driver's rear side but almost even in the front. They re-aligned the truck and centered the stearing wheel. The camber now was much better! The truck follows the crown of the road and runs slightly to the right at times, but is much better. I am dumbfounded on how to figure out why the truck is lower on that side! Any help would be highly appreciated!
Can anyone help me out with this? The truck runs to the right very slightly as well.