View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:910
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
IMHO I think claying a new vehicle is time well spent. You are creating the foundation that everything else is going to go on top of and I want to make sure I am starting with a CLEAN surface. My suggestion would be after you clay check for small scratches the clay might have left and if so I'd use a good quality polish to polish them out. Then use a good sealant as a base coat then top it with a good quality wax, such as Collinite 845, which you are already using. With the addition of the sealant you should not have to rewax or reseal for 6 or 7 months, depending on how often you wash your truck and whether you leave it inside or outside all the time. There are many different options and I'm sure others will chime in and give you their own opinion of the process to use and the products they believe are the best.
Jay
this is good advice...dont look at claying as a waste of time.

a good way to check if you need to clay is put a plastic baggie on your fingertips and gently rub the paint...this helps emphasize your tactile response. if it is gritty or grabby, you have contaminants on the paint, use clay...try the same spot after claying and it will be dead smooth.

you can also get a product called ironx if youre worried about rail dust, or the clay marring your paint. it does a great job of cleaning the contaminants and doesnt require a polishing afterwards.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!