Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
ARFF65 is on a distinguished road

I've never been to Westbury but I always look at their ads for free oil changes, tires, inspections, loaners, etc. and wished I went there. here's my experience with local dealers:

I bought an 2008 Liberty from Town & Country, pretty much got what I wanted after some back and forth but no big complaints. Had a battery issue on the car and after some complaining they gave me another Liberty as a loaner. I didn't buy my next car from them because they wouldn't go get the color and options I wanted, would only deal off the lot.

I bought a 2011 Wrangler from Browns, got what I wanted at the price I wanted with no headache. For what it's worth, Smithhaven told me to come back in winter time when Wranglers were in less demand because they were too expensive for me, I'll never go there again, I hate all the Smithtown dealerships.

I bought my 2013 Ram from Security because I happened to walk in there and they happened to bend over backwards to close the deal. They gave me exactly what I asked for and were fairly generous in matching what I wanted for my trade. That being said, they really wanted me to take delivery immediately. I spent an entire day there to get the paperwork done, had to return the next day for more paperwork (and to take my radio out of shipping mode), and got a call 3 days later that they forgot some paperwork. Pretty poorly executed in that respect. Also since I didn't actually get to see my vehicle until it was dark out I didn't notice the less than stellar prep job.

I've never been to Huntington but one of their techs is on the Jeep forum and is very helpful so I'd probably give them a shot in 2015 when I get bored again haha.