Old 05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Express
Color: Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
Stormracer is on a distinguished road

I worked for UP for a bit in my life in Oregon. One night at work they came to me to tell me that myself and some others had to go to a train/vehicle collision to asses damage and I had to download the data recorder. This train was a standard freight train weighed in at 4,400 tons and was doing 55 mph. Up in eastern Washington there is crossings that do not have arms, just lights and of course "listen" for the train horn. Well this guy driving a loaded potato truck was driving along towards the crossing into the sunset. This of course was not best situation due to hard to see flashing lights. The kicker was that he was wearing a walkman type unit with the headphones in and the music blaring. Yes, he never heard the train horn that the engineers repeatedly and endlessly were blowing as they could tell this guy was not stopping and did not see the train coming. Sadly to say, the guy's brother was in another truck behind him witnessed the whole thing. That first truck was totally destroyed with the exception of engine/trans and the frame laying out in the field. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE LEFT! So excoastie's message is certainly a great one with people today and texting, phones, Ipods etc. Way too much distractions. Be safe for the summer!

Last edited by Stormracer; 05-05-2013 at 01:57 PM.