Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRAM View Post
I was crawling under my truck today and noticed that the spare tire is 17" whereas the truck has factory 20" tires.

The question I have: Is the correct? I know that many vehicles come with a smaller/compact spare and normally would not think 2x about using it. However my truck has a limited slip rear end and I would be very hesitant to out a smaller diameter tire on as I would be worried about damage to the LS due to the tire size difference.

That said, due to the factory trailer hitch, there is not much room if any for a bigger tire under there as it looks like the tire would not fit...

Are my concerns justified?
The rim diameter is irrelevant, it's the tire's diameter that matters. Your spare is relatively close in diameter to your 20's, and LSD's are forgiving enough for minor differences anyway. It's not like you have a locker or spool. You are completely safe to run your spare.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-

Last edited by RAM EM; 05-06-2013 at 08:56 PM.