Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport - everything
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Napalmx is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I also had/have a very similiar issue on my 12 Ram Sport - I found I only heard the rattle when the driver's side window or sunroof was open.

I did some investigating today and found that the rattle was coming from above the driver's head in the headliner. Which made sense why it only rattled with the window open - the wind pressure forced the headliner to move and rattle something in there.

I grabbed my handy flashlight and started to pull down slightly on the headliner while banging where the rattle would come from. I believe I found the problem and fixed it, keep my fingers crossed.

It appears the headlinder around the sunroof uses some plastic velco style connection - by these I mean the plastic connector has a male/female type of function and interlocks with each other. I found 6 out of the 7 connectors weren't making contact. FYI this is only visible with your head sticking out of the sunroof.

I was able to get my fingers back onto a sheet metal bracket that holds the top connector and I pushed them together firmly, all 6 of them that is. Now it appears the rattle is gone when I bang on the headliner - hopefully for good.

Something for you to consider.

Cheers,