Thread: Lift and MPG's
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 05:39 AM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Black / Gold
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough

Been there done that. You just can't put Fuel Economy and a lifted truck together. Trucks are not designed for MPG, now take that box and lift it higher, put larger rolling stock on it, weight etc and it will be significantly worse especially if you want to go big. The minimal gains from CAI and Exhaust would never be noticeable on a lifted truck because the loss IS so noticeable. .5 MPG "might" be possible on a stock truck with CAI and Exhaust, but is completely unreal expectation on a lifted truck. Tuner will help with your speedo. The biggest thing would be gears but they will get you your torque back not MPG's.

If an awesome mall queen or show truck is what you are looking for lift it and go as high as you want Dodge's look badazz.

I am also talking from experience not just opinion. I have been down this road before. Look at the pics on here and in person if you can. If you are going to drive the truck a lot you would be surprised how awesome a 4" lift and 35's will look.

I just wanted to give some insight and clarify some things. Last thing I will ever do is tell someone how to spend their money, you earned it do what makes you happy and good luck.

2013 Laramie Longhorn
aka "The Enterprise"