View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
So, I'm typically a good tipper when it comes to restaurant service. My fiancee things I tip too much, but if the service is bad I won't tip at all. But, That's not the point of this thread though.

I went in for an oil change last week to a drive-thru Jiffy Lube while I was out of town and when it came to paying for the work, they had a tip option you couldn't work around on the card machine. There was no "Add Tip" request, it was just a $ or % option. I have never seen a tip option at any oil change place and I don't feel that there should be.

I didn't add a tip because I don't feel that something like an oil change warrants a tip. They did not do any extra service for me, hell they didn't even check if all my lights were working (had fiddled with HIDs earlier and one wasn't working). While I was pulling out I know the one tech looked for how much the tip was and was obviously pissed that there was nothing.

To me, a tip is warranted under situations such as restaurants/pubs where someone has to take an active approach to keep me satisfied.

I'm curious to know what people would do in this situation. If there is a tip option, do you feel pressured into adding a tip?
I feel no pressure to tip anywhere. I tip at restaurants as it is part of their pay. However it is not my problem that they decided to base paying their bills on how generous strangers will be. If I get shit service I will leave a shit tip. I will leave the customary 15-20% unless the service blows me away.