Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatr02 View Post
Been there done that. You just can't put Fuel Economy and a lifted truck together. Trucks are not designed for MPG, now take that box and lift it higher, put larger rolling stock on it, weight etc and it will be significantly worse especially if you want to go big.
Exactly. And exactly my point in my first post.

Quote:
The minimal gains from CAI and Exhaust would never be noticeable on a lifted truck because the loss IS so noticeable. .5 MPG "might" be possible on a stock truck with CAI and Exhaust, but is completely unreal expectation on a lifted truck. Tuner will help with your speedo. The biggest thing would be gears but they will get you your torque back not MPG's.

Again, exactly what I was stating. But again, even on a stock truck you won't even see .5 mpg gain from a CAI and exhaust. Simply because IF you feel you need or want a CAI and exhaust, you are probably using more power, which means using more gas, which means worse MPG.
If you are driving the truck/car around like an average Joe, then the CAI and exhaust is doing nothing anyway as the engine is not taking in more air (and therefore not using more fuel) than you need even from the stock intake and exhaust.
Plus, it's pretty retarded to spend $1,500+ on an intake and exhaust with the hopes of even gaining 1 mpg. It would take you years and years just to pay back the cost of the intake and exhaust with that 1 mpg better fuel economy.

Quote:
I am also talking from experience not just opinion. I have been down this road before. Look at the pics on here and in person if you can. If you are going to drive the truck a lot you would be surprised how awesome a 4" lift and 35's will look.
Again, exactly my personal feeling. 4" lifts on 35's look the best to me.