View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Dude if I could fix the tick I would be so thrilled. It's the only thing I don't like about my truck. I can't seem to replicate it at idle even by revving. It may be doing it and the engine and exhaust are drowning it out while sitting still. I just know I can't hear it. I hear it when I'm driving and I step into the throttle the slightest bit. It seems to be more related to throttle position than RPM, speed, etc. That combined with the rather notorious exhaust bolt issues are what make me think it could be a slight exhaust leak. I would love to do headers but we are trying to sell a house to build another within the next year so the funds aren't there right now. I have also thought about having someone pull the manifolds and install new gaskets and bolts but it's almost a guarantee that some of them are going to break off so that could still get expensive.

So where is the EGR located? It sounds like it might be worth a shot. Never hurts to have new parts even if it doesn't fix the sound.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 05-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.