DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum - View Single Post - Differences between superseding hood part numbers?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Harmon Harmon is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Harmon is on a distinguished road
Default Differences between superseding hood part numbers?

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4. Last year it received hail damage and had to have the hood replaced. State Farm gave me a part # of 55372034AD. The dealership gave me and I ordered the same number except it ended in AE. Retail price of the hood was $624.00 per State Farm and the dealer.

A couple of weeks ago hail hits again. This time State Farm gives me part number 681160234AB for the hood with a price of $457.00. I think State Farm has made a mistake so I call the dealer, give them my VIN, and they say the 681 hood has superseded the 553 hood and the price has dropped to what State Farm says it is.

I was curious about the substantial drop in price and vastly different part numbers. From my understanding with minor revisions they just change the letters at the end like they did with "AD" to "AE". I do some googling and ebay checking and on more than one listing the 681 hood is listed as "w/o power bulge". My current hood has a sligthly raised portion in the middle which I think is what they are calling a power bulge. I would like to keep the look of the hood I have now.

Can anyone confirm the differences or shed some light on this? Thank you.
Reply With Quote