View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I didn't say a 6" lift was "way too big".
He was asking for opinions on lift size and tire size, I gave mine.

Yes actually it does. With age comes experience.
I've not only as I stated been working on and tuning cars before you were born, my brother was also a car mechanic and builder and I'd "help" him for years. I am also good friends with many tuners and worked closely with them for years.

It's not a "pissing match". You came on here quoting and replying to every one of my points saying I was wrong. LOL
Clearly you felt you knew more and tried to post that, so I let you know, I am essentially twice your age and before you were a twinkle in your parents eye's I had owned several cars already and had been modding them for years.
So it would be like a junior college graduate telling a tenured professor he was wrong on all his points. A bit arrogant, and quite frankly wrong on your part.
As for post on this forum.
Once again, I've been a member of auto forums since 1998. You were barely learning to ride a bike without training wheels at that point.

I never discredited you, just pointed out, your age tells me you have far less experience about cars than I, so as I said, "no disrespect". It was you who disrespected my responses.

Once again, it's you not understanding.
I know what gearing is and what it isn't.
I'd swapped out rear axle ratios in my first Mustang 5.0 before you were born.

The op pointed out that he was only getting 14 mpg on his new truck.
I mentioned that he needs to give it some time for some break in, and asked if he had 3.92's
Because the FACT of the matter is, on his STOCK truck (as it is now and as I was responding too) you will get worse gas mileage, especially on the highway, with 3.92's than you would with 3.21's
What exactly about that are you arguing about and don't understand.

I also clearly stated, that of course, IF or when he puts larger diameter tires on his truck, he would want the 3.92's and that's because the larger diameter tires essentially raise his gear ratio BACK down to 3.92 or even closer to 3.55 if his tires are tall enough.
I also clearly stated that of course with the larger tires you would NOT want 3.21 gears as you'd need to be heavier on the throttle to get the truck moving which eats into the gas.
Again, what part of those points of mine did YOU not understand and are arguing about?

I understand what you are saying, but what I said was, in my experience with CAI's and exhaust, the CAI has never given me better fuel economy.
What it gives me is more air into and by the MAF, which then compensates by adding more fuel, which gives you more power and less fuel economy.
I also stated, that I have never really tested the fuel economy benefits of adding an exhaust, as I've never added an exhaust without other mods.
But again, my point was, if you are driving the truck or car leisurely, you don't NEED a CAI.
It's not going to suck in any more air at leisure driving than a stock box would, because at leisure driving it doesn't NEED to.
At 1/4 throttle, you'll see zero power gains from a CAI than a stock box.
My other point was, if you are adding a CAI chances are you are desiring more power. If you desire better fuel economy, buying a truck should not be your priority. And further, even if you do, lifting it and putting larger tires on, surely is not the way to go, if MPG is your concern

Grow up kid!

I don't have any desire to debate this further, and your youthful arrogance is disrespectful and retarded.
I know what my experiences are and I shared them.
If yours are different, great, but don't come on a forum and tell a person twice your age who has boatloads of experience with autos that his experience is wrong and expect that I won't respond to those disrespectful assumptions on your part.
Good day.
And once again you come back with the pissing match answer. Just like you have with any one else on this thread who disagrees with you. If you don't think so then why do are you constantly pulling information into your argument that has absolutely nothing to so with the subject of this thread?

So whatever bud. I don't have time to sit here and argue with you. I actually spend my time helping people on the forum and giving them constructive and help full answers. Not tweaking at everyone who doesn't share the same opinion than me.

See ya later bro!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's