Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SullyB858 is on a distinguished road
Default First Time Mod Advice

Hey folks!
I am looking into getting my Hemi souped up a little bit without breaking the bank too hard. This 14.5MPG is kind of killing me, lol. My odometer is reading 104K miles, but I just had a new long block (from the Dodge plant in MI) put in at about 86K, so she's still pretty new. I have done a little research and would like some input from you folks who may have already done this. This is what I am looking into doing:

1) Cold Air Intake: I'm looking at going with the AEM BruteForce air intake system. My mom has it on her Jeep Rubicon, and several of my friends have it on their trucks (various makes/models). Feedback?

2) Cat-Back Exhaust: one word; Flowmaster. On my previous truck (Chevy Silverado) I had a MagnaFlow but I can't seem to find one for a Dodge Ram, so I was gonna go with Flowmaster. Plus I heard they are a good system anyways and not too pricey.

3) Headers: JBA Titanium Ceramic. Found those online and haven't really done much research on them. Is there a better company that is not too pricey? (JBA wants about $850).

Also, if I am changing out the headers and the cat-back, would you folks rec. that I change out the Y-Pipe and the cat as well to performance grade? Complete the whole system?

Like I said, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!