Rep:23
littlegirlbigtruck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbiker031 View Post
I'm considering it, not sure if i have time before class starts lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
Who actually read this novel ???
Hey now boys, be nice. He is just looking for some help from fellow Dodge owners here, isn't that what this forum is largely for?

Runovryou - I am sorry to hear about ALL of the issues that you are having with your truck. One in particular I just had with my truck that is almost the same as yours, a 2003 4.7 L but with 4 wheel drive, and that was with my truck stalling when I came to a stop or was slowing down, such as in a neighborhood or parking lot. My idle was low and when I was at a stop I literally had to keep one foot on the gas and one on the break so that it wouldn't shut off.

I tried a ton of things and it cost me quite a bit of money to finally figure out what the issue was. First, I took it to a shop that took out my IAC valve and cleaned it, as well as adjusted my idle to be at a higher and more standard RPM level. That did not solve the issue at all. After this, my battery decided to go on the fritz (right after I had the work done, and it was a nearly new $300 Optima) - so I went into my local AutoZone and bought a new Optima battery and IAC valve (only $65 at AutoZone) hoping that these would fix the issue. It must have been my lucky day because the manager at AutoZone game me the number of a mechanic that he was good friends with. I met up with him after work that day with the intention of having him replace my IAC valve with the one that I just purchased, and while he was in my truck about ready to take my old one out, he found my problem in literally 30 seconds. My vacuum hose had come undone. As soon as he re-attached it all of my issues were solved. He put my new optima battery in and now my truck is running perfectly, but it was an EXTREMELY frustrating 10 days, so I know you must be beyond frustrated with ALL of the issues that you are having. I was extremely irritated with the first shop that I took my truck to because they charged me $180 to literally do nothing, and that they were STARING at the problem the entire time.

I got lucky in that my new mechanic is younger (not trying to offend anyone at all here) and has been working on newer trucks a lot more, while the first shop I took it to did a lot of work on older and classic cars. I realized, maybe they just didn't even think to check the vacuum hose (which they honestly should have) or maybe they didn't know. My point in this being, maybe your on-the-side after hours Ford mechanic isn't the right man for the job, and it might be worth your time and hard earned money to look into finding another mechanic for your truck's problems, since he doesn't seem to be helping you at all, AND is ignoring your attempts to contact him.

In conclusion: You might want to double check and make sure that your vacuum hose is tightly and properly connected and has no wear or cracks, and if it looks to be tightly attached and in good shape, consider replacing your IAC valve (like i said, a cheap fix and an easy installation.) I know that a lot of people with this same problem found that to be their solution. Another solution I saw was replacing an O2 sensor. Just a couple ideas that I found while researching my issue.

I really do hope that you get all of your truck's problems sorted out so that you can start enjoying your truck rather than stressing about it. I have only been a Dodge owner for a month, and while I love the look of my big truck, I am far less than impressed with it mechanically. I am honestly looking into selling it and getting a new Silverado. (Don't kill me guys, only a thought)

-End rant.