View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
It might depend what you do for a living. You probably won't earn near as much in Texas as you earn in NY. Just keep in mind, probabably the only things cheaper in Texas are real estate and real estate taxes. Your Dodge truck, fuel, maintenance, health care and groceries are real close to what you pay now. All things on a scale I would work my career in the Northeast and retire in the South. I am an electrician and have worked several other places in the country and nobody beats our wages and benefits. Just my 2cents.
I lived in NY for 6 years. Now I live in the Seattle Area, and let me tell you, Texas is cheaper than either of these 2 places, BY FAR.

In Fort Worth Texas, my grocery bill for a month was around $200 for myself and my wife. In NY, it was around $250. Here in WA, it is Roughly $400-$450.

In WA, Gas is $3.80-$4.00 a gallon. My folks in Fort Worth are paying $3.30 or less.

Property Taxes can be high, depending on where you live, but as a purple heart recipient in the state of Texas, that does not apply to me.

Real estate? Really? Average price of a home in the Seattle/Tacoma Metro Area? $450,000. Average price of a home in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex? $125,000.

Not to mention gun laws, cheap cars, no state income tax, etc.

I dont know about you, but when the army is done with me, my ass is going back to Texas.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...