Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 3500 SRW Longhorn, CTD
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red, Saddle Tan Interior
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
I discovered a couple more things about my Ram. I had it in Off-road 2 mode when I crawled underneath to take pictures. After a few minutes, I heard the valves kick in and it lowered a bit. A few minutes later it did it again. When I got back in the cab to raise it back up, it said I was in Entry/Exit mode. It wasn't quite down to Entry/Exit at least it didn't feel like it but it was quite a bit lower than when I first crawled under it. I did set it to Entry/Exit mode to check the tire clearance and was able to crawl underneath it but I kept hitting my head and arms on everything. It's good to know that if it does lower again on me, I hopefully won't go MIA. I can see that I will have to make sure when I'm changing the oil that after I put it in Off-road 2 mode I set it to tire change mode so I don't get crushed.

Another thing I found out was that there is absolutely no room for taller tires when in the entry/exit mode without rubbing on the plastic wheel liner. There is only about 3/16" between the tire and liner with the wheels turned sharply.

The last thing I found out was that in entry/exit mode it rests on the rear bump stops. I couldn't find any bump stops on the front suspension so maybe the air-springs act as the stops. I imagine they are the rear since that is where most of the cargo weight goes.
Great information! Are you sure that when you put it in off road 2, then set it for tire change, it would actually stay in off road 2? It doesn't make since that the truck would just lower without prompting...that's a little disturbing.

You don't think a slightly taller (not wider) tire would work? Say a 275/65...about a inch taller, same width? I have a set waiting to install!