View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Kdubag is on a distinguished road

So tomorrow, (May 11, 2013) is the last day of my manufacture 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. I wanted to get the extended Max Care warranty for 5 yr/70,000 miles I saw online (~$1265).

I go to my usual dealership to buy it but the dealership said they can sell it to me at ~$2800, plus $250 b/c I have a 4" lift. I told the guy I can get it online for way cheaper. He said he cannot match it and that's a good deal.

I called the 800# and was put through a lady at Chrysler Warranty that handles the extended warranties. I told the lady I have a 4" inch lift, new wheels and tires. The lady said she will have to call me right back and check with Chrysler. She calls me back within 10 minutes and states Chrysler will NOT sell me an extended warranty b/c I have modified the vehicle.

So my question now is, what and how are you guys getting extended warranties through Chrysler with your lifted trucks? I want a warranty but not through a third party source. I didn't want to hide and not state I have a lifted truck and then something happens and they won't cover anything after I buy the extended warranty.