Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
I won't know until I try it since the Owner's manual is 718 pages of what the buttons do but not what the feature is for or how it reacts. It does say that putting it in tire change mode disables the air suspension. Also, putting it in transportation mode it lowers it to entry exit mode and locks the suspension. I'm wondering if I let it fully get into Off-road 2 height before I opened my door. It does say that if a door is opened while the suspension is changing heights it will stop and go down to the next set point. It did say "Off-road 2" on the EVIC but I didn't look at the hard buttons to see if all 4 were lit up. Usually when it says it on the EVIC though the height setting has been achieved. I'll have to try it again when I'm sure it is at Off-road 2 and let it sit for a while. I did leave it in off-road 2 over night before and it was still there the next day.

I am certain a taller tire will not fit. There is only 3/16" of clearance at the back of the tire to the plastic wheel well liner. Granted it is only plastic but any larger diameter and you'll rub a hole through it in no time if you turn your wheels while driving in the entry/exit height. It looks like you might be able to go a bit wider though. If you do put those tires on, let me know if you rub. I would really love to get some BFG TA ko in that size but wanted to see my clearance before making a trip to the tire store. After seeing what little room there is, I probably won't even attempt it unless other's with the air-suspension can get them to fit without rubbing.
In this thread, the OP put the same tire on that I ordered and indicated no rub with the LT 275/65. He also affirmed it in another related thread.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140013

What if we didn't drive in entry/exit mode or cut sharply? I doubt I ever will...just a thought.

If my truck ever comes in, I have the tires waiting and will post pics!