View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

I wouldn't weld the rim. I'd be too afraid that you'll throw off the balance with the weld. granted you could probably rebalance, but there might be need of considerable balancing weights? I honestly don't know as I've never tried.

as for what rim, Idk either. Google cruiser alloys and look for your rim, that should help.

I prefer the Plasti-dipped look, put up pictures!

tinting tails and cab lights works well, but consider this... the stock 2nd Gen ram headlights suck enough as it is with their yellowing, why darken that JUST for looks? you'll never see anything other than 5 feet infront of you. I hate to see people do that because I know how awful it becomes. eBay has some black inside the headlights with a clear lense for under 100. look hard enough and you can find sets for around 60 on there. stray away from the tinted on there too, your just reducing any light output gained from using the aftermarket headlight.

same goes for the fog lights. they make aftermarket replacement protectors that look black on eBay. I'm a lighting nut. have you looked at hids? you could run those in your heads and fogs for a completely different look up front.

if the bug shield hasn't worn down your Hood and fenders paint on the edges, ditch em!

oh and for your rear, factory, you have blocks for the axle. most lifts add a block. I wouldn't add another block. maybe your rear leafs are worn, depends how the truck was treated over it's life. you could add a couple leafs off a wreck from a junk yard to help out, and that will lift it up a bit.

Last edited by double0ram; 05-11-2013 at 03:39 PM.