Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express 4 X 4
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
ramjam is on a distinguished road
Default Hail Damage

So I got some hail damage and I'm wondering if I should bother with a claim. A couple weeks ago a storm hit while I was at work and pelted my truck. Fortunately, it was small hail. I got two dents on the hood and one on the roof. Also, my Backflip G2 got hit pretty good. Looks like someone decorated it with a small ball peen hammer. It already has a krinkle finish so unless you are paying attention it's not that big of a deal. But if you are at the right angle you can see it easily. I took it in for an estimate and they said 1200.00. Paintless dent repair plus replacing the G2, but they would have to remove the hood liner and the headliner. Not crazy about the latter. Truck is two years old / 24,000 miles. Part of me says with an aluminum hood it's bound to happen again / the other part says screw it, spend 500 on the deductible and get it fixed. The one dent is pretty much dead center in the hood / about the size of a 1/8 inch ball bearing / the other two I can't see while I'm driving.
Sponsored links