Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Hunter Green Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Chris In Marshfield is on a distinguished road

Hi Bruce,

So far, no complaints. The visibility is quite good with them. They are quite a bit larger than the stock ones, as you noted, but not horribly so. Unfortunately, due to the never-ending winter here in Wisco, I haven't yet had my camper out on the highway, so can't comment on the visibility towing the camper yet. But I hope to have the opportunity in short order.

As for the distance they protrude from the truck, here's the numbers:

Mirrors in their normal position: 15-1/2"
Mirrors in their deployed position: 17-1/2"
Mirrors folded: 6-1/4"

I do have to fold up the mirrors on the driver's side before I go in the garage where I didn't have to before (I park on the left side of the garage). And I have to get out and fold up both mirrors before I go through the car wash.

Hope that's enough info to go on. Those particular mirrors have built-in turn signals and puddle lights, like you probably saw, but you can't see the turn signals on the mirrors when you're beside the truck like you can with the sport mirrors that came on the Outdoorsman (the turn signals don't flash toward the rear). Other than that, I'm pleased so far. I'll have more to report when I actually get on the road towing the camper.

Best regards,
Chris