Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2012 outdoorsman qc hemi with the 3.92 axle and tow a 2013 sprinter 266rbs. My trailer is 6600# dry. I have yet to weigh it but assume 7500 as its just the wife and I. When reading what everyone tells you take into account that tire size plays a big role in this too. I have 17" rims and 31.6" tires (stock goodyear silent armor load e range). You have 20" rims with 33" tires. This makes a large difference as if I had those tires it would be approx the same as swapping for a 3.73 axle. That being said I feel that this trailer would be a good match for the truck but I deff. wouldn't go bigger. The trailer you are looking at is a little shorter than mine, do you have full height interior? i couldn't tell on their website. Mine is 80" some of the light weights are 74-76". If it is lower that will help towing as it is less wind resistance. You probably have around 1600lbs payload which is pretty good. You have a wdh which is deff. needed and will help sway as you have a small wheel base. I am very happy with the way my truck handles the trailer and feel very comfortable driving it up and down hills. As you may know better leave the credit card in your cup holder bc you'll pass everything but a gas station, probably averaging anywhere from 8-11 mpg, especially if you have the small tank. Things you may want to consider looking into in the future:

Airbags(stiffens rear end as some have excesses bouncing when pulling trailer) I have airlift 1000s, I use them more for hauling wood and air them down when pulling trailer and the will throw off your wdh setup
better tires(LT tires, d or e range) I have them and it doens't kill ride, with stock tires you may feel a little sway. run max pressure when ever pulling trailer