View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Jeff Belzer's Lakeville MN

http://www.jeffbelzer.com/

I always disliked the car buying process. I'm not talking about the looking or the picking of the actual car itself, that was always cool. Nothing beats the "A ha!" moment of finding the right car (Or truck in my case.) I was never a fan of the logistics or the games. They always seemed to take too long or worse yet be made up. Contacting a dealer and having them tell you to "Just come in." so you can jump through the hoops of the game was always draining.

Jeff Belzer's is different. I did a search of a very specific model of Dodge truck. The Sport. They had four to choose from when most places didn't even have one. Two were completely out of my price range right away. I contacted them thru their web site and a day later Zach Anderson sent me an email. I know this is their job but it is always refreshing to get an email within 24hrs. He suggested I fill out a credit app online. A few days later I got a call from Finance Manager Andy Crowder saying I was approved for that vehicle. We talked over the phone a few times to set up a day and time to go in since I was almost 3 hours away.

Upon arriving I was greeted warmly by the simple question "Have you been helped?" I was introduced to Zach who had everything ready for the test drive. He was witty, responsive to questions and most importantly I felt he talked to me like a person and really wasn't trying to sell me on anything. He basically just talked about the features etc. without any kind of pressure on me.

I kept waiting for the game to come in. The "I need to talk to my manager" or "If it was up to me I would..." The game never started. He valued my trade in and more importantly explained why. He didn't just say "That's what it's worth."

I decided to buy the truck and signed the preliminary paperwork. I was then introduced to the Aftermarket Sales guy John Steffen. I thought here we go. Here comes the "You NEED to buy this speech." that never came either. He explained the services they offer and things specific to my vehicle (Spray in bed liner etc.). He actually gave me reasons why I SHOULDN'T buy certain things that would not make sense since I couldn't drop by the dealer on a semi regular basis because I lived 3 hours away. I asked the price for the spray on bed liner (I think he said $590 but don't quote me.) The one on the vehicle I was trading in cost over $600 so it seemed reasonable.

From there I went directly in to Finance Manager Andy Crowder's office to sign the mountain of paperwork. No way around that. Again, I thought here comes the "You need to add this". Nope. Didn't happen. He asked if I put less then 10K miles a year on my vehicles. I said yes. He then recommended the only "upsell" I bought. A lifetime unlimited years, unlimited miles full warranty. I was going to buy an extended warranty anyway so this was an amazing surprise that Mopar offered this. If anyone has ever replaced anything on newer cars you know how much things cost. It is piece of mind knowing if the $2000+ touch screen craps out I am covered.

Half an hour later I was speeding...er...driving the speed limit home. I have never been able to recommend every aspect of a car dealer I have dealt with until now.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover

Last edited by DarthRam; 05-15-2013 at 02:32 PM.