Originally Posted by bigt3725
These are instructions from seller
Sorry! I forgot to tell you. It turns out that your VIN number will be required. This is the procedure for the dealer:
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN ANTI-THEFT CODE:
1. Refer to DealerCONNECT> Service> Repair Box> Radio Anti Theft Code.
2. On the Anti-Theft/Radio Code Search screen.
3. Insert radio serial number.
4. Insert 17 digit VIN (of vehicle radio is going in to)
5. Insert radio part number.
6. Select reason.
7. Click on Submit.
8. The 4-digit anti-theft code will be provided.
Only service manager and the top managers have access to the "Repair box" from step 1.
Your option is either to give me your VIN # and I will visit the dealer tomorrow morning for the codes, or to try a local Chrysler/VW dealer yourself. I suggest to bring your eBay order details printout as proof of purchase.
please let me know!
I had to do this exact thing for a radio I bought on eBay. It wasn't very hard at all but the local dealer sorta balked at the idea at first. I had to speak to the manager and plead my case
, but they ended up doing it...