View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Black / Gold
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough
Default VARARAM Air Grabber on a 2013 4x4 REVIEW

As many of you know VARARAM has been making their Air Grabber intakes for RAM trucks for a while, but with every model year it seems that the engineers have to change something and it can be as simple as routing a new line differently

I was planning to head up to Truckfest this weekend and get my intake when I read a few posts where VARARAM was having a few fitment issues with their intakes on 13's. They were kind enough to offer a free intake if someone would let them borrow their truck. Yesterday just happened to be my Saturday as I work a rotating schedule. And since my truck had all the options they need to test fitment for 13, 4x4 8 speed trans and Active Grill Shudders, I figured it was worth the 9 hour round trip drive and $100 in fuel. I will cover the truck in another review.

Met with Patrick about 9:30 yesterday and my very new truck went into deconstruction. The disassembly was very quick as the only tool needed to get things off was a flathead screwdriver. After removing the Engine Cover the rake in the engine was very obvious and one reason the 13's need a taller hose from the TB to the bottom of the intake.

After that he mounted the intake "body" if you will and for some reason again about 1/2 an inch needed to be removed at an angle on one side.....who knew.

After that began the scoop installation. This was the time consuming part as their are a few hoses in different places on the condenser and also the AGS extends in and takes up some real estate. This required several test fits, Patrick also reworked the angle on the bottom of the scoop.

****Side note once you look close Patrick pointed out some very subtle changes in the grill, they actually laid the top forward and almost made a very small point instead of it just being flat****

I will do the review on the next post.

Doing some test fitting

Patrick did some trimming

The other side

2013 Laramie Longhorn
aka "The Enterprise"
Sponsored links