View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 HD
Color: Red
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough
Default Review

Now for the review.

I am just a guy, who has modified trucks for about 15 years. I am a closet gearhead. I owned probably 20 trucks in that time and modified them all, from simple bolt-on's to complete suspension lifts. That being said I am far from an expert. All I know for a fact is what has worked for me and my experience. Yours may vary.

I was very impressed with VARARAM. I got to look around their shop and see some sneak peaks at their various lines of projects. It was fun being around like minded people even if I was exhausted from the drive.

Patrick knows his stuff for sure and it was cool to see him do his thing. Just sucks that all this had to be done just because of a model year change. It is the same engine in the basic same truck.

REVIEW

Fit & Finish - I was the test guy so this kind of a freebie if you will. My parts were made from existing kits. Anyone else who gets one of these will get brand new parts designed for thier 2013. That being said you would have to look real close and know what you are looking for to tell things like my intake tube is longer or see the cuts. The hood seals just fine to the top of the box. On the 250 mile trip home after I popped the hood you could see the outline from the seal in the hood blanket.

Overall Look: Just killer. I know that I don't have any orange on my truck but it's a HEMI man so I went with the orange. Figured I could paint it if need be but I love it. When you pop the hood it just screams look out. And as I have not made it a secret CAI's that look cool are just badazz.

Sound - When you step on it you can hear it LOL. I have a magnaflow 14 on my truck but other than that it is stock. I heard someone make mention that it made the exhaust sound different. I would agree. I can't describe it but I just noticed it.

Performance - This is where I am going to hold off judgement. 250 miles is just not enough to even guess. I guess a first impression would be this. I have the Larmie Longhorn 4x4 with all the options meaning.............I have a heavy ass truck. It is no slouch but from a dead stop you can tell it is heavy. I did seem to gain some low end grunt probably torque from the extra air.

Time will tell but I have very happy and will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Final install pics (pardon the bugs it was a long trip)

(yes the factory airbox was still in it. I had a 4 hour drive back and needed to get my daughter so I removed it when I got home)

and this one was just for fun. I reset the MPG's just as I was going down a hill.......VARARAM please don't use for advertising gains LOL

2014 2500 HD
aka "Big Red"

Last edited by madhatr02; 05-17-2013 at 08:58 AM.