View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 power wagon 2500 loaded
Trim Level: crew cab loaded
Color: black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
I have the same spacers going on my truck next week! Thanks for the video.

Did you run the 35x12.50s without the spacers long? Did it rub all the time or ONLY when hitting a bump or turning?
I am considering installing my Toyo 35x12.50 all terrains without the spacers and seeing a while...then adding them if it's an issue as these are 3/8" and to me that seems like a LOT of thread to take away from the lug nuts...some concern pushing the wheel that far out...

EDIT: Looking at actual tire specs yours are 13" wide and mine are 12.5" maybe I can run without it...I have an extra 1/4" of space over what you show stock due to tire not as wide...
I really enjoy doing the how to videos -- I like being able to do stuff myself . and hope the video helps other guys out.

the big mud nobbies on the side wall is the only thing that touched . if they weren't there I think I would have not needed spacers .

I ran the 33x12.5 without spacers for almost 500 miles -- and I could not full turn because they would hit the sway bar and upper control arm, but Ive had lifted truck before and as soon as I thought I was close to hitting or just touched , I would stop right away . I don't really have any places that requires me to fully turn hard anyways. but now that the spacers are on I can fully lock the wheel both ways and no rubbing .

Junior at motosport tech said that you need a minimum of 5 full turns on the lug nut for it to work -- and with the spacers on I got more than that -- I am not going to sweat it at all -- just check them every so often .

and with only 3/8 spacer you really cant tell from front to back -- so I might not even order spacers for the rear .

Last edited by dwanton; 05-17-2013 at 09:23 PM.