View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:41 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

New update! Trans is working properly when in 'D' but still issues when running in auto-stick, so I just leave it in 'D'. Had a chance to run it full bore the other day and in 3rd it will shift to 4th at 4000rpm and it barely even blinks. The shift is damned near immediate, I lose zero RPM and then it just keeps pulling. I am impressed with how this trans behaves when pulling hard. The downshifts are still quite drastic and I blow through 1st very quickly and 2nd seems to be my in-town cruising gear it seems.

Ran down to the border on Thursday to pick up parts and wedding supplies and had the MDS disabled. Averaged 13.1L/100km and before with the MDS I could see 12.7L/100km, so the MDS does make a difference, but since I have the exhaust hacked apart right now after the trans install I couldn't stand the sound of the 4 cylinders with open headers.

Now, onto the fun part. APM hood is painted and we spend about an hour aligning all the fenders so the fit is now perfect. I also dropped off the new grille for paint. I did the main body work myself and my paint guy was laughing at me, it's obvious I'm not a body guy.

Installed the fog lights and HIDs as well, so now all my lighting is complete, I just need to wire in the Halos, but I need to install a fuse panel first as I have learned my lesson from the last truck... all accessories are on independent circuits so I can troubleshoot stuff properly.

And I finally cleaned up the truck, so I'm willing to show off the tail lights properly. Spyder smoked LEDs with an Anzo 3rd Brake light.