Old 05-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Hey, I live in BC too (Prince George) My honest recommendation would be to just buy tires and with the money you save get a separate set of cheap steal rims and set of studded winter-force tires for the winter, since nobody in BC knows how to take care of a road. They barely plow and they drop gravel on the highways instead of salt and sand and to top it all off there are barely any guardrails… which is idiotic. Because they do this you are left with big slick patches of ice as the as the snow packs down and your biggest hazards are in the shadows of the mountains where it’s clear in the sun and then a skating rink the second you round a corner.

ANYWAY the reason for my rant is this, All Terrain tires are fantastic in snow but they aren't the greatest on ice which is when you need the most traction. On top of that if you buy a nice set of rims and use them in the winter here the gravel will pit the sh*t out of them (speaking from experience)

However if you choose to stick with one set of tires and rims to use all year around, the BFG AT would be my choice... but they won't be the safest in the winter up here and you might destroy your new rims.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps