Old 05-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Doge Ram Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
thekid0311 is on a distinguished road

I have a 05 1500 quad cab with the 5.7 in it. I tow a 33ft Jayco TT with a dry weight of 5900 and when its loaded down for weekend trips it weights about 6200-6500lbs. I don't really have a problems towing it. I put my 07 ZX14r in the bed of my truck which wet weight is 570lbs while I was towing the TT. I have the leveling bars and friction anti sway on it the trailer and it helps a lot. I messed around with TT when we first got it to see how much of a difference it made without them and I could tell HUDGE difference compared to with them as far as the strain on my truck went. My last tow with the TT and bike I drove from western nc to south eastern KY and had no issues. very little change in engine temp( went up a little on bigger inclines but cooled back down to normal very quickly) . On the route I take to there I go across sky ridge which has a lot of up and downs and I also go across black mountain in NC which is a pretty good incline. Most of the tractor trailers can only get up to about 35mph if that with a load but I have no problem with staying at 55mph with tow/haul on. I average about 3500-4000rpms doing that. Your truck will tow it but I recommend over time that if you don't already have it get a tranny cooler and oil cooler so it doesn't put as much heat back into your motor or tranny. If your not comfortable with it I wouldn't do it. I don't know what your towing experience is or anything and my experience is kinda limited because I used to set in mobile homes and we had our own dedicated trucks for that and as far as towing with my truck the TT is the biggest and heaviest Ive towed with it

Hope it helps up you out man