Vehicle: 2005 Doge Ram Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
thekid0311 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneff1969 View Post
Find a junk tail gate, and remove the hinges. Or buy a set of Dorman's (for your truck), at local auto parts. Get a 2x8 or 2x10, cut to width of your tailgate. Mount inside hinge, attach to truck, you may be able to use existing supports. Add a reversed wheel chock in center, if thats where your bike is riding at. Can put on and off, just like a normal tail gate as needed. Makes a good temporary work bench if needed as well, we did this on a Ford F150. Worked good.

thanks for the info man. I did that but I used a 2x12 that way I would have a little play room when positioning the bike and cut the corners off at a angle and it worked great. I towed my bike and the TT from nc to ky with no problems. I didn't use the wheel chock because the day that I had a chance to get the stubby tailgate put together it was the day I was leaving and the one I ordered didn't come in in time.

My next question is anyone interested in a ARE tonneau cover? Im selling mine for cheap and its in good condition. I have it posted in the FOR SALE section of the forum. I haven't gotten any pictures up yet because I haven't had a day off since I went up to KY. Im selling it for 500 and will ship it if the buyer can find someone who will ship it. Buyer pays shipping.