Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Doge Ram Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
thekid0311 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tneff1969 View Post
Find a junk tail gate, and remove the hinges. Or buy a set of Dorman's (for your truck), at local auto parts. Get a 2x8 or 2x10, cut to width of your tailgate. Mount inside hinge, attach to truck, you may be able to use existing supports. Add a reversed wheel chock in center, if thats where your bike is riding at. Can put on and off, just like a normal tail gate as needed. Makes a good temporary work bench if needed as well, we did this on a Ford F150. Worked good.

thanks for the info man. I did that but I used a 2x12 that way I would have a little play room when positioning the bike and cut the corners off at a angle and it worked great. I towed my bike and the TT from nc to ky with no problems. I didn't use the wheel chock because the day that I had a chance to get the stubby tailgate put together it was the day I was leaving and the one I ordered didn't come in in time.

My next question is anyone interested in a ARE tonneau cover? Im selling mine for cheap and its in good condition. I have it posted in the FOR SALE section of the forum. I haven't gotten any pictures up yet because I haven't had a day off since I went up to KY. Im selling it for 500 and will ship it if the buyer can find someone who will ship it. Buyer pays shipping.
Men will follow out of fear but will die over respect