Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
If you're looking at a $600 budget then I have a great set up for you. Have it on mine, and they make a world of difference. I have the EBC dimpled and slotted sports rotors ( better than cross-drilled as there's no cracking issues) coupled with EBC green stuff pads. I use the stock calipers as they put out enough pressure to stop the QC really well. I haven't done the braided brake lines, but I plan on it when I do new rims this spring. A full 4-disk brake setup cost me ~$650 for 4 rotors and pads, had a mechanic friend do the install. The EBC pads a super quiet and little to no break dust.
Good to see you went with the EBC pads. They have some kick arse products. I'd like to move up to them on my Ram 1500 eventually. I'm going to throw on some slotted rotors as well, probably go with Brembos though. The stainless lines are fantastic for decreasing brake fade and keeping a nice firm pedal. $600 for the whole package is cheap! Damn!

Baer and SSBC are probably the top two aftermarket brake manufacturers, possibly surpassing Brembo. But they're costly, I seen an SSBC package for the GMT900 that cost well over $4000.