View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModifiedBEAST View Post
welded 2 flowmasters on today. not as loud as i expected. could it be because theres no h pipe or xpipe to connect the 2 pipes? all i did was cut off before the cat and add on a piece of pipe to both ends about 2 foot long then a flowmaster 40 at the end of each pipe. dumped. doing tips later. sounds alot better though. when i got the truck it just had the cat on and nothing after that.

on the cracked rim i was talking about. one person said the epoxy on it looks like real heavy duty epoxy and to leave it and add a tube or extra protection. can i put a tube in a tire like those? will a tire shop even mount a tire on a rim that has epoxy on the inside or cracked? supposely its a hairline crack from hitting a pothole.
a h or x pipe won't increase loudness much at all, they are designed for smoother flow and combining the left and right banks of true dual exhaust systems. it's quieter than you imagine because your running two mufflers.

as for a tube? I have no clue. I ran tubeless bedlocks with massive plastic inserts for a runflat setup, just like humvees run military wise. the whole setup was military lol.