Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: 5.7L Hemi 4x4
Color: Graphite Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:72
Incognito will become famous soon enough

From what I've learned on this forum, the MDS does get you much better fuel economy but it's not easy to upgrade the aftermarket exhaust if that's something you would be planning in the future. I have an '03 Ram 1500 and it rocks. I'm a huge Ford truck fan, and although I still love Ford trucks, I'm really glad I got the Ram instead. I hauled about 4,600kg a distance of 120km today and the truck had no issues at all. And mine is bone stock. I never, ever had an issue with my Ram 1500. Going with a Hemi is pretty much the only choice you have. Anything less and you'd end up feeling that you short changed yourself. I don't know what kind of fuel economy the 5.9L Magnum would have but with a Hemi you have more power from a smaller displacement so that has to account for significant improvement over your engine. And by the way, the bone stock Hemi engine sounds great. It doesn't like a wet fart like Toyota's i-Force.

BTW: If you ever choose to purchase a one tonne truck, skip the Dodge and buy the Ford!

Last edited by Incognito; 11-26-2009 at 12:06 AM.