View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

There seems to be alot of mis-information going out here, So lets correct some of that.

First thing is to become familiar with the Magnuson Moss Act.

Now let us address a few things to give us all a bettter understanding.

1: MOPAR does not manufacture ANY lift. They purchase from the aftermarket and rebrand.

2: MOPAR/RAM/Chrysler will NOT warranty any lift, no matter who instals it......but, but, but....someone told me.......my dealer said.......yada yada. The lift will be warrantied by the original manufacturer, not MOPAR. "But I took mine to the dealer and they warrantied it, so your wrong!" No, I am not. Your dealer called the manufacturer and made a claim on your behalf, same as any reputable shop can and the same as you can.

3: The dealer has to install my lift to keep a warranty. LOL, of course they will tell you this. Go look at what your dealers hourly shop rates are! You can install it yourself, have a mechanic install it, or a specialty shop. It doesnt matter as long as it is installed correctly, hey its easy, they even give you these things called instructions.

Can the dealer void my entire warranty? With very few exceptions no. Lets say you throw a lift and large tires on and then you snap a half shaft. Would that be covered, nope. I can directly prove how the aftermarket tires and wheels (more mass, more leverage, larger diameter) directly caused your factory half shaft to break. Now same situation and your fuel pump goes bad.....its covered.

Dont buy what the dealers tell you, find the facts yourself. If the dealer denies warranty coverage then ask them to provide to you in writing the exact reason for the denial, their proof that something you did caused the failure (both written and pictoral) and a contact number for chrysler customer care. "Lift caused failure" does not pass muster, they need to lay out the specifics, down to tourque specs and milimeters, the burden of proof falls on them.

Now, all the yammering above and I will tell you the secret to a happy dealership experience. Get to know the service writer and techs, bring coffee and doghnuts, and most importantly dont go in screaming for them to fix something you know they have no buisness fixing. A personal relationship can get you a long ways.