View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoTangoMofo View Post
CDNoilRAM I get what you're saying about why they use an automatic... It's just frustrating is all.

I however wouldn't limit the market to the performance crowd. I live in northern BC and drive through mountains on a regular basis and I really hate the "dead" feeling that comes from an auto transmission. I miss the connection you get with your vehicle when you drive a manual as you shift with a load on twisty mountain roads.

I know it's all personal preference and opinion but the option would be nice.
Believe me, I'm with you on the manual as well since I work all over northern BC and Alberta typically hauling a 35ft tri-axle weighting in a 18,000lbs. But, I have a diesel to that with and having a jake-brake and an auto trans that can handle the downshifting is worth it's weight in gold when hauling long distances.

As for the 'connection', until I installed my new trans I used the auto-stick in my truck and the wife's caliber regularly. Hell, I still have my hand on the shifter but can't use auto-stick or I put the new trans into limp mode.