View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1962
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC mech Mitch View Post
You have the bullydog hemi+ eh?
On the website i can' see any mention to dyno's or HP/TQ gains or fuel economy gains etc,
have you noticed anything in particular???
Yes, both Asur and myself are running the Bully Dog GT for Hemi Plus.

The website claims around 30+ HP and 35+ foot pounds on the performance tune I believe. So far I've only run the regular tune so I haven't noticed those kind of numbers. But there definitely is added power and torque. Plus the shift points are 10 times better! That's the biggest difference. It keeps the truck in the power longer and when it should be rather than changing to the next gear and having to low of an RPM and then having to downshift again.

As far as fuel economy goes I was seeing 17.5-18.5 MPG tank averages with the stock wheels and tires. (Also had a CAI and exhaust). My highway mileage was up around 22 or 23 MPG so I definitely can't complain about that. So far with 35" Toyo MT's I'm averaging around 15.5-16.1 MPG and my highway mileage is around 17-18 MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
You can get the Bully Dog Hemi + for 400$ and apparently there can tunes are better than Diablo, so if your not going for specify setups and personalized tunes you might like the Bully Dog Hemi +, and they are presently shipping with 2013 compatible tunes, + they will work on the 4.7 engine also. But if you are going to use it and personalize your own tunes or buy tunes from venders that produce specialized tunes like Hemi fever and white lightning and I think a few others, then wait for the Diablo, it can accommodate many more features.
Again, exactly what Asur said ^^^

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's