View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1962
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalgordon View Post
In California you are not allowed to touch your phone, at ALL! (although everyone else and their mother do it). This has been a big debate. The audio and mic goes through the radio/mirror via bluetooth (I have the 730N radio). I have my phone in a holder on my center console (floor shifter type) just next to my right knee and below the finger sized cubby hole where the 4x4 controls would be if I had 4x4.

I admit, I do press the home button to initiate siri, but still, my eyes are off the road and with CA driving in Los Angeles freeways, you never take your eyes off the road. Having the button in the wheel would make things real easy and make me 100% legal.

I was pulled over once (tailgating a slow ass Prius he was going 55mph in 70mpg in the fast lane) for tailgating... But I was let off with a warning, but I did get the 3rd degree on if I use my phone while driving since it was right there in front of me. I told him I use it for navigation. His reply was, even though you have that fancy radio in your dash??... I just smiled, thanked him for letting me go with a warning and off I went.
Oh okay. Then I'd say that's definitely worth it for you. Cali's laws definitely sound pretty strict!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's