View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
You'll be fine, brother.

I'm running those shocks and gears combo with MT's, without an issue.

Yes, a tuner will help.
Perfect, already got the tuner and I trusted your opinion on my CAI and still love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance View Post
This ^^^ was waiting for Grubrunner to respond.
Perfect guy to get feedback on
That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
I don't remember what the weight is exactly but I'm pretty sure the BFG AT's are a fairly light tire as well. So it won't be as bad of a hit.

I'm running 35x12.5 Toyo MT's with 3.55's on my 4.7 and it's honestly not that bad at all. Yes I can definitely tell the difference in size and weight but the overall drivability of the truck isn't bad at all. Going up hills is where I notice it the most.

As far as MPG goes, so far I've gotten 16.1 MPG and 15.6 MPG on the two tanks I've had with my 35's. Keep in mind I do around 80% highway driving but I'm fine with those numbers considering how big and heavy my MT's are compared to stock.
I am about the same with highway driving... do about 120-150KM a day every other week, thank god for truck-pooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA16 View Post
Yeah i am confused about this as well. Would anything bad happen (because of the tires, lift, and 3.55 gears) if i were to get the 35 bfg a/t and a 4 inch lift and rip it through some mud and maybe rocks?
I ripp mine through mud with stock everything and garbage wranglers.. I think with rock climbing it just puts alot of pressure on the tires with the wierd angles you can end up in?.. Maybe.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters