Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:41
msorbara10 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking to get new calipers for 04 2500 Hemi

Well I wanted to flush the brake lines for the past few days but it seems the previous owner never did that. So because of that the bledder valves were seized in there really good. I put pb blaster on them throughout the day and left it over night, them put heat to it and more pb. Still couldnt get them.
Well I snapped one of the rear bleeders off and didnt want to do anymore. Lucky for me it wasnt enough to open the valve so there is no fluid coming out. But I would like to get new calipers even though the brakes work fine I would just feel more comfortable getting new ones. from what I seen that are under $60-70$ each wich isnt bad. It would be a nice little project for me. I understain I would be able to use most of the hardware that is already with my brakes assuming they are still good?

Can anyone direct me to some sources where I can get a high quality brake caliper with good prices? And also give me some tips I may need when looking to do this?
What other supplies will I need for the calipers?
Are there any upgrades I can do to the calipers to make them stroger or better while I am putting new ones on?
All help would be appriciated.
Thanks
Sponsored links