View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2826
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
I'm not sure what size the stock speakers are on the 08s, the 09+ are 6x9s.

If they are 6x9s, you can have an audio shop make plates to adapt a 6x9 hole for a 6.5, or buy aftermarket adapters. The aftermarket adapters might need a little trimming, but would be very easy to do.

To wire the speakers, they sell a harness that plugs into the speaker, and they has a clip that plugs directly into the dodge speaker wire harness, no cutting required.

Amazon has then cheap, sold in pairs amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007WTEVM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile .

Metra 72-6514 is the part if the link dosent work.

You'll just have to take the doors off. Again, I've only worked on 09+,but should be simple, and there's guides online for that.
Hm I might be able to make a plate myself at work with some sheets of metal laying around. I guess I will have to pop the doors off before hand. Very easy to do compared to some vehicles. Tip.. Never try to take the door panels off of a volvo..

So I am guessing a harness will be needed if I don't want to cutting wires.

Brandon...Check out my build thread here
IG:@briley59